I found this old frame in a charity shop - 50p. Took it home and turned it into this. It was wood stained a dark green so I sanded it and then gave it a couple of coats of white acrylic paint. I dabbed it on thickly with a piece of cut n' dry which gave it a lovely textured finish. I then attacked with distress inks - Wild Honey, Broken China and a little bit of Brushed Corderoy. I then dabbed on a little gold acrylic paint. The flowers are made with Tim Holtz Coredinations and the centres are filled with gold/brown seed beads. Buttons and a chipboard bird finish off the frame. For the picture I created a background with the same distress inks and water. I inked round the edges with Vintage paper and Walnut stain to create a contrast to the frame. I then went wild with Tim Holtz Visual Artistry stamps and Ideaology. Love it!
A bit late getting round to making and posting my entry for tags of 2012, but here it is. I really like the stamping and embossing technique. I must try it on other embossing folders. I didn't have this one so had to raid my daughter's stash again!